Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Book Recommendations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jackson Smith
3rd Year
Jackson Smith

Stats : 260

Book Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 12:07 am

Please give title, author, and a short summary of any books you think others might like!
Back to top Go down
http://dolphin64575.deviantart.com
Jett Winters
6th Year
Jett Winters

Stats : 168

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 12:20 am

My all time favorite --
Lolita by Vladamir Nobakov : Unreliable narrator Humbert Humbert becomes obsessed with a young girl and finds a way to become her stepfather and kidnap her. Just as a warning it's a very controversial book and has scenes of a sexual nature. I wouldn't recommend it to younger people but as I am not certain how old all of you are...

Something of a lighter nature --
Youth in Revolt by C.D Payne : Teenager Nick Twisp falls in love and has to find ways to win over the girls affection, including ridiculous acts like setting cars on fire and pretending to be a woman. It's also now a movie with Michael Cera.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Smith
3rd Year
Jackson Smith

Stats : 260

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 12:38 am

Very long list :) I added quite a few from the post in OOC chat

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://dolphin64575.deviantart.com
Jai Anderson
Professor
Jai Anderson

Stats : 320

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 2:11 am

I started that Little Brother book, I'm currently on page 85. Haven't been able to stop reading since I opened the .pdf. I will update this post with my recommendations when I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

Stats : 232

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 4:28 pm

The Host by Stephenie Meyer is about an alien invasion of Earth, the aliens are the take-over-human-bodies type, but it turns out the aliens do a way better job with Earth than the humans. One alien is put in a very strong-willed human and the human's consciousness doesn't leave, so they end up sharing the body and bickering a lot. Eventually the human convinces the alien to help her look for a settlement of humans her uncle had been planning... (Now a movie) (Better characterization than Twilight series)
Back to top Go down
Ruby Rose

Ruby Rose

Stats : 75

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:04 pm

"The Kingkiller Chronicles", by Patrick Rothfuss is a great series of books if you are into fantasy-adventure. I won't go into great detail about the book, but I'll say that the author's version of magic "Sympathy" is quite refreshing from the usual type. Magic there actually comes with a high cost. Even just a tiny bit of it.
There are currently 3 books: The Name of the Wind, The Wise Man's Fear Part 1 and The Wise Man's Fear Part 2. I think the 4th one is to come out due next year.
Bye
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations Empty

Back to top Go down

Book Recommendations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG :: INFORMATION :: Out of Character-
Jump to: