Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spells Practice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

Stats : 82
Location : Là où il ya de la lumière et du feu, vous pouvez  trouver

Spells Practice Empty
PostSubject: Spells Practice   Spells Practice EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:52 pm

Today seemed to be a boring day with the usual list of things she had to do and classes she had to attend.  Irene had a little free time right now, and she decided to brighten up the day with a little spell practice.  Her fire spells did need a little work...  Irene pulled out her wand and tapped the tip against her skin, so it glowed red.  It recognized her, and when it did she could also use it for drawing.  Irene yawned, already bored, and decided to try a spell she had recently learned.

Flagrate!  A thin, dangerous rope of flame twisted itself out of her wand, fitting in perfectly with the glowing golden wood.  The fire was beautiful, but Irene knew that it needed a lot of work.  She tried again and again until the rope became thicker and could be conjured for a longer amount of time.  She reached out to touch it and was able to without burning herself.  She wondered if this was because she had made it, and decided it might be.  After all, what would she do with it if she couldn't touch it?  SOme spells did affect the creator of them, but Irene was fairly certain this wasn't one of them.  Time for the next spell, Irene was already getting bored with this one.  She'd always wished she could conjure a firestorm, but it was too complicated and risky.  She would have to settle for this-

Flagrante!  Irene flicked her wand at a nearby desk, and looked at it puzzledly.  Why wasn't it burning?  Oh that's right, it had to be touched first.  She tentatively reached out to tap it with one finger- and drew back sharply, her eyes watering as the desk burst into flames.  Dramatic much?  But she didn't want to start a fire!  Thinking quickly, Irene muttered, Glacius, a spell she'd learned last year.  It woldl've been much simpler to use Extinguisho, Irene thought a second too late as the flames instantly froze.  Irene waved her wand again, making them disappear.  This was fun, but was getting boring too.  She glanced around the room, looking for a clock, and thought to herself, *The other students should be getting out of class by now.*  She wanted to do one more spell, but this one was pretty much impossible for her.  It had actually been created as an accident, confused with the Disarming Spell, Expelliarmus.  *Don't focus, don't focus, don't focus Irene,* she chanted to herself silently as she attempted to do Expellimellius, which required non concentration.  Unfortunately, she only succeeded in making her brain confused as it tried to concentrate on non focusing.

Last edited by Irene Moore on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Claudia Evans
5th Year
Claudia Evans

Stats : 198

Spells Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spells Practice   Spells Practice EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 12:28 am

Claudia was just going into the Common room. It had been a long day and she just wanted some time away from schoolwork and Professors but she never could escape them. She walked in and noticed a Girl in her year. She hadn't talked to her yet so she didn't know her name. She noticed she was practicing spells.

"Hi, my name is Claudia Evans you are?" She smiled her warmest smile. She loved meeting new people. Even if they didn't like her she still was kind to them.To an extent anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.quotev.com/SmoshLoverBitches
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

Spells Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spells Practice   Spells Practice EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 12:41 am

Irene looked up from the smoking desk that she had focused her attention back on.  "Hi.  My name is Moore, Irene Moore.  Nice to meet you."  The girl was about her age and had blonde hair and was wearing a huge smile.  Irene could tell she was tired after a long day in class, however.  Irene straightened up and smiled at the other Gryffindor.  "I was just practicing some fire spells.  A few of them need a little work..."  Especially her Flagrante.  Irene needed ot be able to control the time it began burning and stopped burning.  She hoped that this girl wasn't a show-off or super good at fire magic, because then she'd just lecture to Irene about what she was doing wrong and how the girl could do it so much better.  The girl was tired, so Irene could hope that if a lecture did begin, it would end quickly also.  And if all else failed and there was no tactful way to talk her way out, she could just light the girl on fire with cold flames and slip upstairs.  Today, Irene was being sort of a pessimist.  After all, the girl could just be wanting to practice spells too!

Irene whispered something and golden threads streaked out of her wand. This was something she had learned just recently, and she loved it. It was so pretty, and if the girl didn't like it, as some people didn't, she would just have to deal. Irene did, and the ribbons were staying. She became aware of the tips of her hair beginning to turn red. Uh oh. So not the time. Why was it that the most inconvenient things had to happen to her at the worst possible times? She shook her head and her hair whisked back and forth, putting the flames out. Irene had always hated that. Next, she did a basic spell that was really simple but reliable. Bluebell Flames. Because Irene was a high enough level, she was able to successfully perform the spell silently, and a handful of cute, flickering flames appeared on the still smoking desk. That probably hadn't been the best idea after all.
Back to top Go down
Eirina Naer
Headmistress
Eirina Naer

Stats : 838

Spells Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spells Practice   Spells Practice EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 9:32 am

An owl appeared in the nearest window, watching the girls before it hooted, grabbing their attention. The owl was slick coated in dark browns and blacks with golden eyes that pierced through the Gryffindor Tower. It's ears were raised nudging itself forwards and flashing the letter that rested in it's mouth. Once opened, it read:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsreborn.rpg-board.net
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

Spells Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spells Practice   Spells Practice EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Irene stared at the beautiful owl puzzledly. It had rare markings and obviously belonged to someoen important. She hoped nothing bad had happened. Uh oh. As Irene read the slip of parchment, she realized that she hadn't asked the Headmistress or another professor permission to practice her spells. The message seemed more like a warning than anything else. However, Irene was glad that the Headmistress had taken notice of the situation and had given them permission. She hoped that today, nothing would explode or catch on fire. That would probably fall under the "getting out of hand" category that the Headmistress had warned was not to happen. Irene paused, unsure what to do. Just send the owl back? Should she write her own message to the Headmistress, apologizing and thanking her for the permission? Irene decided better safe than sorry and got out some quills and ink. The owl pecked at her hand impatiently. Irene scribbled a few sentences, scrawling out a message to send back. In the last line, she apologized for her messy script and wrote, *Sincerely, Irene Moore* She hoped that was the right closing. Irene crossed her fingers and shooed the owl out the window. Then she returned to her spells practice, glad to have permission but feeling bad because she'd not remembered to ask for it before starting practice.
Back to top Go down
Claudia Evans
5th Year
Claudia Evans

Spells Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spells Practice   Spells Practice EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Claudia was impressed. "Fire spells eh. Impressive." She smiled at Irene. She noticed the Owl fly in through the window. She didn't know what it said but she knew it had come from the headmistress "Do you mind if i join you?" She didn't really need to work on any spells but she wanted to see if she could still perfect them and she wanted to keep the girl company and maybe get to know her.
Back to top Go down
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

Spells Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spells Practice   Spells Practice EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 9:47 pm

"Sure. The more the merrier, as some like to say," Irene laughed. She certainly seemed to be laughing a lot these few days. She was glad that the girl like fire spells, or at least found them impressive. A lot of other people found them dangerous and unpredictable, which they could be, but not if you learned control. She was glad the girl had agreed to stay and practice her spells too. Irene got the feeling that Claudia-that was her name, wasn't it?-didn't really need to practice her spells but had decided to keep Irene company. That was fine with her. After all, nothing was perfect, but with a lot of practice, you could get pretty darn close.

Cheero! Irene pointed her wand randomly around the room and it accidentally bounced off a nearby trunk and hit Claudia. Uh oh. Irene hoped she hadn't caused anything wrong besides just fine spirits for about 10 minutes (since Irene was using a diluted version of the spell.) She'd been trying to see if it would affect inanimate objects at all, making them lighter, brighter, more cheerful or happy looking, Irene really didn't know what she'd expected. Certainly not this! Although, now looking back on her original decision to cast the charm, she realized it had been a dumb idea in the first place. How could a trunk be happy???? Irene groaned. She was feeling absolutely stupid right now. Suddenly remembering Claudia, Irene rushed over to her. Okay. Um...Irene asked Claudia, "Are you okay? I accidentally hit you with a Cheering Charm, so you'll be really positive and happy for the next ten to fifteen minutes, 'kay?" Irene hoped Claudia wouldn't be too angry with her. After all, it had been a mistake. Unlike some people, Irene didn't cast spells on, jinx, or hex people for no reason whatsoever except to have fun. She didn't think of herself as that type of person.
Back to top Go down
Claudia Evans
5th Year
Claudia Evans

Spells Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spells Practice   Spells Practice EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:04 pm

(Sorry my internet went out and we just got it fixed this morning. Sorry for not responding sooner)
Claudia smiled at her. "I fell absolutly fine. Don't worry I know it was an accident." She did feel fine. Her insides felt tingley but that was it of what she knew. She decided to just go on with her spells. "Scarlett, Come here girl." Suddenly a small Fluffy Orange cat came running along. She picked her up and set her on the table. She tapped her three times sharply with her wand, and then pointed her wand at Scarlett. "Fera Verto."  A jet of nearly indiscernible, crystal-clear mist, almost like a spray, shot from her wand, engulfing Scarlett and quickly morphing her into a water goblet with a quiet whooshing noise. She tapped the goblet three times again and it turned back into scarlett. (I didn't know what else to put lol)
Back to top Go down
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

Spells Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spells Practice   Spells Practice EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:41 pm

(xD that spell will be fine, thanks for explaining.  You didn't have to, but it was awfully nice.  And I'm sorry about ur internet.  Mine does that sometimes too, and I hate it, but my Mother says its the spirits above telling me to practice my musical instruments.)

"Cool!" Irene wondered who's cat that was though, and why Claudia had chosen to shift it into that goblet.  It was kind of pretty though, but an odd ginger colour, as if someone had dyed glass rather opaque.  Pretty though.  Now what other spells needed working on?  Well, there was that one from before, the water jet spell, Aguamenti.  Someone, Irene couldn't remember who, had insisted that she learned the spell to prevent her fires from getting out of control.  It was a sixth year spell though, so Irene wasn't so sure.  She decided to try it anyway.  

(I'm going to make somethink bad happen because after all, it's a learning experience, right?)

Aguamenti!   Ohhhh no.  This couldn't be happening.  Irene watched as the water started to pour out of the wand, then suddenly stopped, like a pipe that's blocked up.  And Irene knew what happened to blocked-up pipes.  They exploded.  She'd known this was a bad idea, for many reasons.  Firstly, her wand couldn't really handle magic that had to do with water.  Secondly, it was a spell that most people learned sixth year.  And now her wand might explode.  Irene watched fearfully as the wood tightened for a moment, as if it was struggling with itself, then cracked a little bit.  She held her breath.  Then it stopped and calmed down, but her wand was still cracked.  At least it wasn't snapped, and Irene hoped it was still repairable.
Back to top Go down
Claudia Evans
5th Year
Claudia Evans

Spells Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spells Practice   Spells Practice EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:10 pm

(yea my mom said that it was telling me to get off my butt and go do something productive haha)
Claudia was worried because for 1.) it was a 6th year spell and 2.) the spell backfired and caused a crack in Irene's wand. "Oh my gosh is your wand going to be able to be fixed?" She said while petting Scarlett.
Back to top Go down
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

Spells Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spells Practice   Spells Practice EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 10:15 am

(hehe I can totally picture that xD)

Irene sat down with a sigh in the sofa near her. Why did these things always seem to happen to her? She loved this wand, and if she had to get another one, she would never forgive herself. Maybe it could be fixed; it hadn't completely broken or snapped in half and the crack wasn't too big. She wanted to ask Claudia to do it, but what if she messed up the spell? Not that Irene didn't trust Claudia of course, but, she wasn't an expert or anything, just another fifth year. Thinking of experts gave Irene an idea. She would go to the professors! Then she remembered Claudia was still standing there and looked up tiredly.

"Oh, well," she said to the other girl, "I think it might be able to be fixed because the damage isn't too bad. And I'll be very careful to cast only fifth year spells and below now!" she tried to laugh.
Back to top Go down
Claudia Evans
5th Year
Claudia Evans

Spells Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spells Practice   Spells Practice EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 11:23 am

She nodded. "thats a good idea." She hoped that her wand would be able to be fixed. She had broken her last wand and her mother was very angry about buying her a new one when she had just gotten her that one. (Sorry it's not a lot my rp has been sluggish lately.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spells Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spells Practice   Spells Practice Empty

Back to top Go down

Spells Practice
Page 1 of 1