Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alexandra Brazell
3rd Year
Alexandra Brazell

Stats : 131

All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:26 am

Alex snorted at Timothy, and then covered her mouth and nose in horror. She just snorted - at someone who was way older than her. She had always been taught to respect her elders, and she felt mortified at what she had just done. But she saw Timothy chuckling, so she let out a nervous smile.

She started tapping the drums, and while she did manage to make some noise, she had the impression that she wasn't very good. She continued tapping and looked up, shrugging. "A musician I am not," she sighed.
Back to top Go down
Kimbree Lupin
4th Year
Kimbree Lupin

Stats : 128

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:28 am

She smiled warmly. "I-it was better that what i could do."
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

Stats : 232

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:33 am

"I'll find something easier than a harmonica." Timothy shrugged. "Or at least quieter. Don't want to blow your eardrums out." He grinned at Kimbree the Gryffindor to show he was joking, noting Alex the Ravenclaw covering her mouth after snorting. "You're doing fine." He smiled at her. She didn't have a lot of self-esteem, did she? And appeared to be scared of him. That could be useful in the short-term...
He found a tambourine and smiled. "This, I can play." He announced.
Back to top Go down
Kimbree Lupin
4th Year
Kimbree Lupin

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:35 am

Kimbree sat at the piano bench and played a few cords running her fingers swiftly across the keys. She smiled to herself.
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:40 am

Timothy smiled at Kimbree the Gryffindor. "That was good!" If one of them started playing he could try to play the tambourine to the beat.
Back to top Go down
Kimbree Lupin
4th Year
Kimbree Lupin

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:47 am

She blushed and looked down. "Th-thank you." She looked over at Alex. "Do you want to p-play the piano?"
Back to top Go down
Kimbree Lupin
4th Year
Kimbree Lupin

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:51 am

She looked over at Timothy trying not to make eye contact. "Have you played the Piano before?"
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:55 am

Timothy shook his head. "Never really had enough interest in music to take lessons." Kimbree the Gryffindor seemed to be nervous of him, as well. Simply because he was older, or because of his house? He wouldn't be able to feed their anxiety, not after talking for so many minutes, so he might as well try to get them to like him.
((Let's put this on hold until Alex gets back online))

Last edited by Timothy Carpenter on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimbree Lupin
4th Year
Kimbree Lupin

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:56 am

(ok that's a good idea)
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Brazell
3rd Year
Alexandra Brazell

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:36 am

(Sorry my dad wanted to play table tennis!!)

Alex grinned. "Now that I can do," she said, waltzing over to the piano. While she might have seemed nervous and scared earlier, now she was confident - she was doing something that she was good at - great at - and she loved being on familiar territory, metaphorically speaking.

"Any requests?" she asked, looking back at the others.
Back to top Go down
Kimbree Lupin
4th Year
Kimbree Lupin

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:45 pm

She smiled at Alex's confidence. "Anything that your good at."
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:07 am

"Whatever you like." Timothy smiled as Alex strode confidently over to the piano. Apparently she was at ease enough now to play. Her posture was certainly looser, less anxious.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Brazell
3rd Year
Alexandra Brazell

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:18 am

Alex smiled and started playing. She didn't say what the song was, because she wanted them to guess it. It was one of her favourites - it wasn't a hard piece, but it had a nice melody and the lyrics were beautiful. Too bad she couldn't actually sing. If she could, she would've sung along as she played. Alex loved this. This feeling of the smooth black and white keys beneath her fingertips. Her love of music was one that really couldn't be challenged.
Back to top Go down
Kimbree Lupin
4th Year
Kimbree Lupin

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:31 am

Kimbree knew want the song was, she had heard it before but she couldn't place the name. She gently swayed with the music her mom used to play it when she was four and she would dance around the room to the music. It almost made her tear up but she refused to cry in front of them.
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Timothy tipped his head to the side a fraction, frowning. He recognized this song. He couldn't place it, but he knew he had heard it somewhere before. He started softly tapping the tambourine against his leg to the beat.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Brazell
3rd Year
Alexandra Brazell

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:30 am

Alex smiled as she played. "Do you guys like it?" she asked, looking over her shoulder back at them. She did not have to look at her fingers - she was so familiar with this song and the feel of a piano that her fingers moved effortlessly, never seeking the keys but just... embracing them instead. "It's called mad world," she said, closing her eyes and enjoying the music.
Back to top Go down
Kimbree Lupin
4th Year
Kimbree Lupin

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:52 am

Kimbree loved watching people do what they love. It brought her a sense of joy that she couldn't explain. "Like it, I loved it." She smiled warmly at her. She could see that Alex was really enjoying the music.
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:55 pm

(you dork XD )

"It's a good song, and you're a great pianist." Timothy smiled as Alexa looked away from the keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Brazell
3rd Year
Alexandra Brazell

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:17 am

(HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE)

Alex finished the song, and turned away from the piano. She didn't know what to do now, and she looked down at her feet, hoping some sort of cue would be there. No luck - it was just floor that her eyes met. Swinging her feet together back and forth, she asked, "what should we do now?" She could feel her cheeks glowing from the pleasure of the othera comments, and she felt her face break into a grin.
Back to top Go down
Kimbree Lupin
4th Year
Kimbree Lupin

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:11 am

Kimbree sat down on a chair nearby. She just shrugged. She then felt herself zoning out. She did that often and went into deep thought. Most people thought she was weird because she frequently did it. She never knew why it happened it just did and she could never figure out how to make it stop. It usually stopped on its own but she wanted it to go away for good.
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:25 pm

Timothy put the tambourine back on the shelf as Alex the Ravenclaw moved her gaze to the floor and started swinging her feet, anxiety or lack of confidence, and wanting to move. So she was only confident about her piano playing, shy when she stopped. Kimbree the Gryffindor wasn't much help, she simply shrugged and stared into space.
"I dunno." He answered. "I'm gonna try the drums again." He knelt behind the kit and began readjusting the seat to his height.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Brazell
3rd Year
Alexandra Brazell

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:41 am

Alex looked up as Timothy made his way to the drumset, and watched as he adjusted the seat. He was obviously a lot taller than her. She had noticed him looking at both her and Kimbree. He seemed to be... studying them, for lack of a better word. She wondered what he thought of her, and sat upstraight, and put her hands neatly in her lap. She didn't like being read.
She was the one who liked to read people - or at least, she loved to read about people in books. She had spent many a day back at home wrapped up in bed, devouring piles of books, her eyes reading word after word and her fingers flipping page after page after page - she just couldn't get enough of those stories. Stories where everything worked out in the end.

As Timothy started to play, her thoughts snapped back to the present. She was in the music room, and KImbree was sitting down, and the headboy was playing on the drums. She watched with interest.
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:22 pm

Timothy glanced up at Alex the Ravenclaw, catching movement out of the corner of his eye. She was sitting with proper posture, very proper posture. Had she suddenly gained confidence? Was she faking confidence? Had she noticed him observing her? He began tapping away at the drums again for lack of something better to do. He liked being able to keep the cymbal rolling, it was a good sound if he played it softly.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Brazell
3rd Year
Alexandra Brazell

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:03 am

"so." Alex paused, considering what to say next. "What subjects do you take?"
She could tell how lame she sounded, but she didn't like just sitting there either. She looked over at Kimbree. She was still daydreaming.
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Timothy held the cymbal to quiet it as Alex the Ravenclaw asked his what classes he was taking. "Er, just the basics. Charms, Defense, Potions, Herbology, Transfiguration... I don't think I'll need Care of Magical Creatures or Arithmancy or Divination or anything. What about you?" A glance at Kimbree the Gryffindor revealed that she was still in her own little world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra   All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

All around me are familiar places... tag Kimbree, Alexandra
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next