Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thicket of Trees

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gail Rimmell
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Gail Rimmell

Stats : 41

Thicket of Trees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 5:05 pm

"Well, fate's a tempered lass, she is." She replied with a curt nod, as she took another glance at the hidden creature on Alexandra's back. She hadn't been sure before, but was Ouriel a hippogriff? Immediately she took a cautious step back, worried that she had offended the poor beast, and bowed low to the ground, "Can you walk? I might not look it, but I'm strong enough to carry you two if needed. We can find some help nearby, I'm sure of it."

She looked up tentatively, catching Alexandra's gaze. She wouldn't make a move unless both of them approved of it. Gail thought about just what direction they should head, and recalled where she woke up in this forest. She could follow her own trail back to camp, where she had some supplies to properly bandage Alexandra and Ouriel, but that could be hundreds of miles away. Werewolves could travel far, after all. Perhaps instead, they could find a hiking trail nearby and follow it. Either way, Gail was rather optimistic about the situation. She woke up in this forest, near the girl, for a reason, right? Gail certainly had experience in dire situations such as these, having spent time in the wolf pack back in Scandinavia. She also knew enough not to ask what had happened. Whether Alexandra was trustworthy or not, Gail would never abandon someone out in the wilderness.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

Stats : 361

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 7:50 pm

A smile played around Alexandra's lips at Gail's bowing. He wasn't quite that kingly at the moment when he was the size of a cat but if the werewolf wanted to make sure she hadn't offen- ah. Her grin diminished. She had not thought of how uncommon a good healer for Griffins may be difficult to find if people assumed Ouriel was a Hippogriff. Fortunately, he solved her quandary over whether to divulge that information or not.
'I am a Griffin, child, not a Hippogriff.' his mind brushed against Gail's lightly, not wishing to intrude on a possibly savior of theirs.

Alexandra braced a hand on the ground and slowly began to rise. Aaaaaaand the world had started spinning a bit again. She blinked to clear the dots in her vision that eventually faded away again. Once the world had steadied around her, she took an experimental step that flooded one of her bandages with red.
"I can walk if it's a short distance to a healer but otherwise I'm afraid you'll have to carry me."
Looking at the woman, it seemed unlikely but if she was a werewolf, there was no doubt Gail was far stronger than she appeared to be. But as to what else she was, Alexandra did not know. They would have to find out along the way to the healer. If so, then she could ask whether the Death Eaters had been sighted nearby or not...

Last edited by Alexandra Leoine on Sat May 11, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
Back to top Go down
Gail Rimmell
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Gail Rimmell

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:22 pm

She seemed a little startled for a moment, or taken by surprise at the least, when Ouriel spoke to her. She wasn't sure at first, but yes, he had spoken with his mind. "Wicked." She said with a grin. She approached Alexandra and offered a hand, not at all embarrassed that she'd been incorrect. Either way, she hoped the gesture was appreciated.

"I think I know someone back in Gloucestershire that can help. I warned her about myself, and she offered to help anyone I hurt during the full moon." She paused a moment, for once hesitating, "Was I the one who hurt you?" For the first time since their meeting, Gail's smile faltered as she gazed down at Alexandra, true sadness in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 8:40 pm

"Agreed." her face broke into a grin. When she had found out that Griffins could communicate in a similar manner to legimancy with other creatures, she had gotten so excited that she had run to her parents' room asking for them to take her to a place with Griffins. They took her to a bank in Brazil with a Griffin guarding it's front, but it would not talk much. But for a nine year old kid, it was more than enough. Alexandra made sure that her eyes didn't change color though. That information at least was not essential to healing and she would rather keep it to herself unless Gail proved to be a particularly trustworthy person.

But at her next utterance, Alexandra revised her first impression, Gail was the opposite of a Death Eater - fearing to cause pain. She had been lucky to be found by such a person. She took the werewolf's hand and got ready to be carried.
"Unless you change into a Kelpie or a normal pack of wolves, then no." she then added"And thank you for helping."
Back to top Go down
Gail Rimmell
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Gail Rimmell

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 9:04 pm

She smiled, fully relieved once she knew this wasn't her doing, but still concerned about getting Alexandra help in time. Once Alexandra had taken her hand, Gail hoisted her up onto her back and started walking. Thankfully she was much more gentle than she would ordinarily. "Sounds like you were lucky to have your friend with you. I'd never want to take on something like that alone." Knowing what had attacked Alexandra made the situation make all the more sense. Such wounds would definitely be left by a Kelpie- Alexandra was lucky to be alive. Hopefully Gail could keep it that way.

As Gail reached the clearing where she had woken up from earlier, she glanced around, seeing the claw marks across tree bark, and though it had blended in with the dirt and grass quiet well, dried blood in a dripping path lead to where she had slept. Her muscles tensed, as she started following her own trail back towards camp. It would take some focus to recollect her own memory of the previous night, but she was beginning to realize she had not been the only one in the forest. Whatever it had been though, it was nowhere nearby.

"So how'd you run into a Kelpie?" She asked, deciding her long period of silence might be rather concerning.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 9:39 pm

She was glad that she'd had the foresight to make cloth sheaths for her daggers. The last thing she wanted to do now would be to accidentally stab or cut the woman carrying her. Alexandra nodded unconsciously, forgetting for a moment that Gail couldn't see her, "It was all I could do to escape actually. It's how Ouriel became injured."
And fortunately it had been the only injury the Griffin had sustained thus far. When she had been captured by the Death Eaters, he had been off hunting and she had made sure that he stayed away from her prison until she could escape. What she had not predicted however was that they would break her wand almost immediately upon her capture. The only possible upside was that they had so delighted in starving her and such that they seemed to have forgotten - or did not know - she was a member of the Order. Or so she remembered, Alexandra noted uneasily.

As Gail reached another clearing, Alexandra examined the claw marks and blood on the trees near them in so much as she could whilst on Gail's back. She felt the woman tense beneath her. It could not be that she didn't want Alexandra to see them: if that were the case, she could have take practically any route around the clearing. Another threat would also be unlikely as Gail would probably have smelled it much earlier. She was at a loss as to why Gail was tensing. Surely blood and claw marks on bark were not an unusual sight for a werewolf. Alexandra's brooding ended when Gail asked her about the Kelpie she had encountered.

"I had stopped to drink and put together a make-shift bucket to collect water to boil on the shore of a lake. I think I was in Scotland considering how far south I had to walk to get here." Alexandra was now more glad than ever she did not have to walk much more. Now that adrenaline was no longer numbing her pain, she felt terrible: bruised, strained and tired to name a few specifics.
"There was a horse pretty far out. I thought it was a bit odd as there were no people nearby and wild horses tend to stick in herds. Unluckily for me, I'd also wanted to wash a bit and so was already waist-deep in the water. I'd started to back out of the lake, but the next thing I knew, I was underwater for about ten seconds or so before Ouriel flew in and dragged me and the Kelpie out of the water and into the air. He managed to get me far ashore, but not before the Kelpie tore one of his back legs." It was nice to be able to tell someone about this.
Back to top Go down
Gail Rimmell
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Gail Rimmell

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 10:14 pm

"I'm not sure Ms. Morgan will know much about griffons, but I'm sure she'll do whatever she can Alexandra." Something told Gail that it was her companion Alexandra was most concerned about, though she did not directly state it. Perhaps it was simply how Gail would have felt if she was under the same circumstances. 'Course Gail never did have to worry much about bleeding out, having fast recoveries and all.

Gail stopped midway through the trail of snapped twigs and rustled bushes when they reached an end to the forest, where the trees began to thin out and beyond laid a large, open plain. She tilted her head a bit, thinking about it. If Alexandra had a wand, she would have been out of the forest before Gail had come along. Alexandra didn't mention her wand getting lost in her story either.

"Alexandra, is anyone searching for you?" The mere thought forced out Gail's adrenaline, as she looked out onto the open plains. There could have been a reason Alexandra had dragged herself into the cover of the trees, and she didn't want them to be found by walking out into the open. There was also still the concern of another werewolf in the vicinity. Gail couldn't be sure, but flashes of the event were beginning to stir. Crossing that amount of distance, she wouldn't know if they were being watched- or followed.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 10:30 pm

"I'll be sure to help Ms. Morgan however I can to heal Ouriel then." she returned steadily. They had been together for years now and were closer than anyone Alexandra could name - maybe with the exception of her brother Robert, but she had kept some things from even him. There was no way that Alexandra was going anywhere or doing anything without ensuring that Ouriel was in capable, healing hands.
"Thank you Gail. I'm not sure how far would could have gone on without you." Alexandra added quietly. As much as she hated to see it, it was true.

Gail stopped as they reached an open field. Alexandra scanned the area, lips pressed together in a thin line. Though the temptation to remain silent in reply to the werewolf's question was strong, if they were about to go out into the open, she needed to know who they may be found by. On the other hand, what happened if Gail heard and thus abandoned them at the edge of the field? No, that did not seem like something she would do, but then again, they had known each other for a grand total of perhaps an hour at most. Still, it was unfair to force the woman to go headlong into danger without knowing what it was.
"Death Eaters." it did not seem likely the Order would search for her here. When she had left, they were busy enough in places where people lived, let alone the wilderness.
Back to top Go down
Gail Rimmell
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Gail Rimmell

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 10:53 pm

She was quiet for awhile, as she soaked in the name that had been given to her. It was not often that Gail thought of the Death Eaters. Sure, that was one of the things she had sworn to protect Hogsmeade from, but never did Gail think of people as evil. Contemplating her feelings about the Death Eaters- and the danger they presented- was a bit complex for her. Still, there appeared to be no other way across the plains, and this was the best bet in finding their way back to Gloucestershire.

"Be ready to hold on tight when needed. I'll need my arms if we're attacked." She said quietly, before stepping out into the open.

There was a reason that even now, Gail failed to acknowledge Alexandra's thanks. Whether or not Gail would help someone was never something to be decided. It was about whether or not she could help them, and how best she could do so. The reason she was helping Alexandra now was the same reason she'd packed her bags and moved to Hogsmeade. There was too much pain, and hate in the world, and a lack of love, and trust. People were too afraid to help one another, to trust one another and incapable of seeing a friend from a foe. It had taken a long time for Gail to figure out how to make a change, but once she realized it, the answer was simple. She'd show people not to be afraid, to not act the way they have, by leading the charge, to change people for the better. She was the example, and she hoped others would follow her guide. That was the only thing one person alone could hope to do.

Gail smiled as she hopped down a short cliff side, falling to her knee to soften the impact for Alexandra and the griffon. It would be a long walk before they reached the next line of trees, but if they didn't run into any trouble along the way, it would be smooth sailing until then.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Alexandra made no reply but simply readjusted her hold on Gail's shoulders. She wondered vaguely why the woman was not walking faster, from what she knew, werewolves equaled the speed of vampires and from how fast she had seen Misery and Sorrow, they could be across the field in all of half a minute at most. The piggy-backed one (herself) huffed in mild amusement: she had not spoken to the Graces in a long time, especially since the various episodes with Sorrow and Misery. On one hand she was glad that she did not have to face Misery's confusing affection or her but on the other hand, she truly did miss them both.

'Patience. I can last a little longer knowing that we will find a healer soon.' Despite that, she could feel how limp Ouriel was against her. How and why did he ever decide it was a good idea to leave his home with her?
'If- If you get worse, I'll never forgive myself.'
Back to top Go down
Gail Rimmell
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Gail Rimmell

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:34 pm

Gail's silence became further subdued as she continued forward, all her senses alert and extremely aware of her surroundings. Whether it was the other werewolf who came upon them, or the Death Eaters chasing Alexandra, either one could appear at any second, knowing the possibilities of apparition. As they finally grew near a fresh line of trees, Gail slowed even further, her gaze darted this way and that, looking, smelling, and listening, for any sign of human life. Her muscles relaxed after a few moments, and her pace quickened. They weren't far now. She recognized a few landmarks here and there; an oddly shaped tree here, a blue ribbon tied there. This place was a frequent hiking spot, hence the small dirt trail she'd passed over. They were going uphill now, off trail. Gail never had much of a habit following someone else's footsteps, especially in the woods.

She relaxed most when she grew close to her campsite, but turned the other way once she realized it. Knowing where her campsite was, she could more specifically locate her position. "Not far now." She murmured. The small town she was looking for was just outside Gloucestershire. Once they reached the bottom of the slope, Gail broke into a run, growing steadily quicker as the sunlight through the leaves grew stronger.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:47 am

"Thank god..." the wound on her leg seemed to have opened up again somehow and more blood began to seep into her bandages. It probably had something to do with the increased pace. It was just as well that they had gone at a slower speed through the fields. The bright side to it was that the blood loss seemed to make everything a bit less painful. Alexandra just became aware of a few details at an unnaturally sharp focus.

The slide of blood filling cloth. Dawn colouring the morning sky.
Back to top Go down
Gail Rimmell
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Gail Rimmell

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 2:16 am

Gail slowed back down not only because she saw the town ahead, passed the borders of the forest, and also because the smell of blood filled the air once more. Though she slowed her pace, she took long stride, so they would reach the house more quickly. It was early enough that few people would be up and about, but still, she kept to the sides of the buildings and crossed alleyways, until finally reaching the back door of a quaint little home. She knocked thrice and waited. Gail was patience, knowing the woman was old, and in this moment, she looked back to make sure Alexandra's blood had not dripped down a trail. It didn't seem that bad yet, thankfully, so she turned back as the door creaked open.

"Miss Rimmell! Oh dear, come inside, come inside." Ms. Morgan stepped aside as Gail entered, "Was she bitten?"

"No ma'am." Gail replied quietly, focused on hurrying this along as she turned, setting Alexandra down on the kitchen table. She then circled onto the other side of Alexandra and gently rested her fingertips on the sling that Alexandra used to carry Ouriel. "May I?" She asked, as she looked upon Ouriel. It was odd, seeing the creature in such a small form. She always imagined them to be much larger. However, right now, it was not something she needed to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 2:37 am

The slower pace helped certainly. The chaffing of her bandages lessened and it was easier to breathe somehow. Alexandra sought out Ouriel's mind, quickly finding and easing into his comforting presence. No matter his size, his mind remained powerful and encompassing. He saw through her eyes, observing the tiny village they had come upon while she shared in some of his pain. It may have started to fester but she wasn't sure. The weight of what-ifs lay snapped in half in her bag, it's core the only thing connecting the halves.

They stopped before a door and waited briefly before being ushered in by an old woman with smile wrinkles about her eyes and mouth. Alexandra took an instant liking to her - probably a liking directed by the ten year old in her but a liking nonetheless.

'Next to Alexandra if you do not mind.' They would take their healing more easily if they could see one another. The change in orientation had the world spinning again.
"A Kelpie bite on the Griffin's left hindquarter, some slashes from a Kelpie on my legs and a wolf bite - not a werewolf - on my left forearm." She ran through her memories of her imprisonment by the Death Eaters. "Light dagger wounds on my face - I think it's scabbed over by now. Let me think. Uhm. Some burns on the right side of my ribcage and some bad bruising on my abdomen." They had mostly preferred to leave her in her cell in the dark. When they did occasionally come in to play, they would heal her afterwards so that they could continue later.
Back to top Go down
Gail Rimmell
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Gail Rimmell

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:39 am

In response, Gail undid Ouriel's sling, and very gently shifted it to the opposite end of the table, where she laid it out so Ouriel could uncurl himself without making his leg worse. She looked up to see Ms. Morgan a heavy-lain expression, in light of Alexandra's synopsis of the injuries. Gail gently prodded the woman with gentle words.

"She's been through a lot."

Ms. Morgan glanced to Gail's determined face, then numbly gave a nod, "I have some ointment for the burn and antiseptic for infections." She said with a curt nod as she swiftly exited the room.

Gail circled around the table again, grabbing some bandages off the counter. However, as she started to unwravel some, the old woman re-entered and gave one look at Gail.

"Do you have any experience healing?"

"Well, no, but-"

"Then off with you, you'll just muck it up. Help yourself to some leftovers in the fridge."

"But I'm not-"

"Off with you!" The woman waved her hand, and Gail tentatively set the bandages down next to Alexandra.

"Alright, alright." She said as she teetered over to the fridge.

"Hm." The woman handed Alexandra the ointment with an old granny smile, "Apply this to your burn dear." Then she moved to the griffon, looking to the creature in the eyes for any sign of mistrust. For a moment, she was distracted by the fact that a wounded griffon sat in her kitchen, but then she quietly murmured, "This might sting a little bit," before gently administering the antiseptic.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:53 am

Ouriel shakily shuffled out his limbs to sit more comfortably without moving his wounded leg. His wings stretched this way and that, not having been able to move much for the past week at least had made him very tense. And hungry too. Alexandra had found a deer the day after the wolf pack had sought them in the night and given him as much as he could eat, but that was a while ago. It was difficult enough for her to hunt for mushrooms, let alone try to ambush animals with barely passable skill with daggers. Once he had settled down, the griffin regarded the old woman with the unblinking eyes typical to him.

Alexandra grinned at the werewolf being ushered out of Ms. Morgan's way. Taking the burn ointment from the healer, she pulled up her shirt with her less injured arm enough to see her blistered and bloody ribcage. She began to apply it awkwardly while making sure she kept in contact with Ouriel's mind.

'Gail, if there is any raw meat here, I would be most grateful if you could give me some.' When the antiseptic came into contact with Ouriel's leg, his talons dug into the wood of the table, gouging deep. Alexandra hissed with him.
Back to top Go down
Gail Rimmell
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Gail Rimmell

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:16 am

Had Gail verbally expressed her response, it'd be loosely: 'Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh- yeah.' But to avoid distracting the old healer, she merely withdrew a packaged bit of raw beef- guess Ms. Morgan wouldn't be having that taco salad. She tore open the plastic with her teeth and emptied the package onto the table.

Ms. Morgan gave her a look. Gail shrugged, "What? Little voice in my head told me to."

The woman rolled her eyes as Gail grinned. After applying the antiseptic, Ms. Morgan rapidly began bandaging Ouriel's leg, and soon had was done and moved onto Alexandra. The antiseptic was fast acting, having been made with magic, so it was already doing its work.

She took Alexandra's ankle and began the same process again, addressing Gail as she did so, "In the other room, in the top drawer, there's a blue bottle."

Gail nodded and stepped out of the room. When she returned, Ms. Morgan had bandaged Alexandra's slashes already, and she took the bottle from Gail and handed it to Alexandra, "Drink this."
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:31 am

Gingerly flexing his freshly bandaged leg, Ouriel was more than content to see that he could move it around a reasonable amount before it began to hurt. Thoughts much brightened, Ouriel proceeded to then scarf down the raw beef. The cold, less than fresh meat coated his tongue with the most delicious flavor he had ever tasted - sated hunger. Thus it was fortunate he did not require a mouth to express gratitude to Gail. Food would have gotten in the way of that. Humans were unlucky in that regard.

Alexandra stayed still while being bandaged, more than happy to let experienced hands bind and mend her. It was with this same assurance that she so readily drank from the blue bottle without asking what was in it.
Back to top Go down
Gail Rimmell
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Gail Rimmell

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:46 am

"That should help the bruising." Ms. Morgan explained briefly, before finally working on the wolf bite.

Gail smiled, returning much more to her usual self as she crossed over to the door. When she reached for the knob, she glanced back to Alexandra, "Will you be okay for awhile? I need to gather up my camp."

The old healer rolled her eyes, though her back was turned to Gail. Her late husband had also been a werewolf, and just like Gail, so quick to get up and moving. Gail didn't even bother fretting over her own wounds. Ms. Morgan knew it wasn't worth fussing over though, she'd act just like any typical werewolf and shrug it off.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:00 am

"I'll be alright." she wiped her mouth clean of the potion and shot a smile at Gail. Alexandra assumed Gail would be returning and thus didn't say good bye. Even if the werewolf did not come back, she fully intended to find her and at least buy her lunch in thanks. It was nice for someone to help out of the goodness of their heart without expectation of compensation.

"Thanks Ms. Morgan." she also grinned at the old woman tending her arm. Now that her basic needs for survival had been addressed, Alexandra was in a far better frame of mind. Once she didn't get dizzy every time she stood up, she would probably be ready to apparate back to London. It was odd realizing that she had pretty much been injured badly for the past months or so. Luckily, Ouriel had only been for the past two weeks or so.
"I'm Alexandra Leoine." it only just occurred to her that she had basically been tended to without the woman even knowing her name.
Back to top Go down
Gail Rimmell
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Gail Rimmell

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:56 pm

Gail shot back a grin before she stepped out, closing the door quietly behind her and skipping back off to the woods cheerfully. She'd get her stuff together, get a change of clothes, and bring back her stereo. She could also take the time to inspect the camp site to figure out what happened last night.

"Good to meet you dear." Ms. Morgan smiled as she handed Alexandra a glass of water and started looking for something Alexandra could eat. "That girl is even more foolish than my husband was. You could have died from losing all that blood, and she's off to clean up her camp." She sighed as she threw something into the stove. "I've never met someone so aloof about the world!" It was clear that Ms. Morgan and Gail's personalities didn't really mix, but yet here she was, helping a friend of Gail's, when she was more a stranger than friend. Gail acted as though she'd known Ms. Morgan forever, when she'd only met her a few days ago. Ms. Morgan had a feeling it was the same for Alexandra. She smiled as she returned to her with a loaf of bread while the oven heated up, "I suppose she only just found in the woods this morning?"

---

Now that she wasn't burdened by injured passengers, the trip to camp took a third of the time as it did getting Alexandra to town. She really did enjoy running through the forest, and she was an awfully good runner at that. It wasn't superhuman, of course, that was only during her wolf phase. But even still, she had great stamina, and felt like she could run for miles without growing tired.

When she reached camp, she slowed to a stop, looking around with caution. Her lawn chair had been ripped to shreds, that was to be expected. Her stereo lay overturned and putting out rough static. At least her suitcase seemed okay. She zipped it open, looking around the clearing a moment before changing into clothes that hadn't been completely torn apart. When she was properly dressed, she threw her suitcase over her shoulder, grabbed the stereo and the pitiful remains of the lawn chair, and started heading back.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:14 pm

She watched after Gail for a second or two before turning back to the woman whose kitchen she had invaded. It was oddly refreshing to come across altruistists. Not in the sense of utter self-sacrifice necessarily, but definitely enough of the quality to take in an injured stranger without question as to what she did to gain those wounds. Alexandra accepted the glass of water eagerly, remembering all at once how long it had been since she'd drank from a container rather than her hands. It was so tempting just to chug it down but she forced herself to sip.

"Well I'm not dying of blood loss now and to be fai- ooh that looks good, thanks," she paused. It had been a while since she had been so easily distracted by food. Now where was she... Ah. "To be fair, she did bring me here as soon as she found me." And convinced her to get out of her tree, though mentioning that may sound silly. Looking back on it though and knowing she had survived long enough not only to get back to civillization, but to people she could trust - at least to some extent - that were witches, made everything in retrospect much more amusing.
"Uhm, yes actually. I've known her for maybe four hours now...?" she trailed off. It was difficult to keep track of the time accurately without the sun or a clock to tell her.

"I really cannot thank you two enough. When I set out on my... journey, I wasn't sure how far away from home I was and became worried about apparating home. And by the time I wanted to, I was too dizzy after the incident with the Kelpie to concentrate." her lips twisted into a grimace.

Ouriel had decided to remain silent to Ms. Morgan for now. While Ms. Morgan had indeed healed himself and Alexandra, he preferred that only Gail know of his abilities for now. So he settled down to clean his feathers, keeping track of Alexandra's thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Gail Rimmell
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Gail Rimmell

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 1:42 am

As she made her way back to town, Gail pondered about in her mind, much like she was wondering through the woods. She remembered fighting last night, but with who or what, it was all so fuzzy. She had to focus on every little bit, one at a time, before anything made sense.

She'd been in the clearing, sitting in her lawn chair, the moon came up, and she started changing. Then, something came and attacked. All she knew was that they both were injured during the struggle. That... and blood. Not human blood, not vampire blood, not even another werewolf's. It was something else entirely.

---

"Oh it's no trouble dear. An old bag of bones like me doesn't get visitors often, so make yourself at home!" She smiled, as she got the food out of the oven; casserole, by the looks of it, but as to what casserole it was, they'd have to cut into it to find out. The old woman cut a hefty slice out for Alexandra and brought her a plate, before sitting herself down in her favorite rocking chair in the corner of the kitchen. It was placed perfectly where she could gaze out the window and wait for Gail's return. She had done this many times when her husband was still around, and she wasn't going to move the chair from its spot anytime soon. She watched as Gail appeared, and approached the door.

When the door swung open, Gail sat her suitcase against the wall next to the door, put down her stereo, and dropped the pieces of her broken lawn chair on the floor. "I'm back!" She announced with a smile. The door, being the only thing she treated with care, was shut delicately. She turned around to face Alexandra and Ouriel, still wearing the same smile.

"So what do you plan to do now?"
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 8:02 am

"Thank you Ms. Morgan." she smiled faintly again.

Alexandra and Ouriel exchanged a look as the casserole was served. Shrugging, the dark-haired woman cut open the casserole and dug in, burning herself slightly but enjoying the feeling of food too much to care. Ouriel looked on, amusement radiating from him as he watched her gorge herself. Meanwhile, he himself had almost finished gulping down the raw beef. With the utmost delicacy of course - if you take into consideration he was not endowed with limbs that had opposable thumbs.

When Gail returned, Alexandra had pretty much finished the casserole. She still didn't know what it was, but it had tasted amazing. "Well. I'd like to clean up a bit if you don't mind and then I guess I'll apparate home to get out of your hair."
She hesitated only a moment before continuing, "If there's any way I can repay either of you for your kindness I'd be happy to do so. If not, could we keep in contact perhaps....?"
Back to top Go down
Gail Rimmell
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Gail Rimmell

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:29 pm

"There's a shower upstairs dear." The old woman chimed in, before proceeding to stare out the window.

Gail cocked her head to the side and smiled, "Well you can find me in Hogsmeade if you ever wanna grab a bite or something. I work at the Tea shop." She nodded knowingly. Meanwhile she was attempting to force the bits of her lawn chair into her suitcase, for easier travel back home. Well, home meaning the Hog's head, the only available place for rooms until the Three Broomstick's came back for business.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thicket of Trees   Thicket of Trees - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thicket of Trees
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next